Why a Clean Home is a Healthy Home
Nowadays there are many questions in regards to the Covid-19 Virus that is spreading around the globe.
Bee Maids has been in the cleaning business for almost 11 years and during this time we have developed cleaning processes and systems to clean every home in a safe and healthy way and we will continue to do so.
Is it safe to have Bee Maids in my home?
Yes, basically having our cleaning technicians at your home is safer than interacting with any other worker. Our cleaning technicians have minimum social interaction with the public. In fact, many of the homes get cleaned when nobody is present.
What safety measures are you taking during the normal course of business?
The cleaning processes that we have designed will make your home cleaner and healthier. In fact, a clean home is the first line of defense against not only the Covid-19 but also any other pathogens.
- We use the Buff™ Pro Multi surface microfiber that is capable of absorbing more than regular cleaning towels.
- Each team brings enough microfiber cloths to clean each house, so we do not reuse microfibers from one house to another.
- Microfibers are color coded to avoid cross contamination.
- Microfibers are washed separately (by colors) in our office on a daily basis.
- Both of the vacuums each team uses (upright and canister) are true HEPA filtered vacuums which can trap up to 99.97% of all airborne particles.
- Vacuums are cleaned and sanitized at the end of each shift
- We keep hand sanitizer in our office and also keep it in our vehicles.
What additional safety measures have you taken?
- Bee Maids cleaning techs have also been trained on hand hygiene methods that minimize the likelihood of infection and/or cross contamination
- As in other industries, all our employees have been instructed to stay home if they or any members of their family are not feeling well.
- We ask our customers to do the same. Any homes with suspected or confirmed cases of Flu or Covid-19 will not be cleaned.
- If you have recently traveled out of the country, please let us know and we will postpone your cleaning appointment for at least 14 days.
- Our staff has been addressed and they will continue to be reminded on the best ways to minimize the risk of viral transmission in accordance with the CDC and WHO.
- Upon arrival at your home each crew member will use hand sanitizer before and after exiting each customer’s home.
- We keep sanitizing wipes in our vehicles as an extra measure.
- In the wake of any hand sanitizer shortage, we have already bought enough supplies of isopropyl alcohol and travel size spray bottles for our cleaning techs to keep with them at all times.
- Each team member will wear a new pair of disposable nitrile gloves that will be thrown away upon leaving your home
- We are adding our 10-point virus buster package (typically $40+) Free to our current clients with every clean we do.
- Light switches
- door knobs
- chair arms
- stair railings
- appliance handles
- drawer handles and cabinet knobs
What do you use to get rid of the Covid-19 coronavirus?
We use Clorox Quat All-Purpose Disinfecting Cleaner which is a Hospital-grade, bleach-free broad-spectrum formula that effectively cleans and disinfects in one step.
What about your tools and equipment?
- Our tools and equipment are cleaned and disinfected before they enter your home.
- Our flat mop system is designed to provide a cleaner floor than what can be obtained using traditional mop systems (bucket and mop). We bring several mop pads per home, so when one gets dirty, it is replaced with another pre-soaked pad.
- Although our vacuums are cleaned and sanitized after each shift, we are additionally sanitizing them between jobs
- Our facility is being cleaned and sanitized on a regular basis, high-contact surfaces such as washers and dryers, working stations, and more are being disinfected on a daily basis.
Why is cleaning important right now?
We are convinced that a clean home is a healthy home because the more soiled the surface, the easier for germs and microorganisms to stick and multiply. Cleaning and disinfecting on a regular basis diminishes the probabilities of viruses like the Flu or Covid-19 to stick.
It’s important that homes serve as a primary line of defense against infectious diseases for this reason. If you feel that you need Bee Maids to take care of your home, just let us know and we will be more than happy to help you. We are absolutely committed to keeping our community safe and healthy.